• imageCo-occurring mental health
  • imageDetox
  • imageHospital inpatient
  • imageInterim care
  • imageOutpatient
  • imageResidential
  • imageTelemedicine
  • imageTransitional housing

Aetna Drug Rehab Coverage in Iowa

Insurance is one of the best resources available when you know you or someone you love is in need of drug or alcohol rehabilitation. Substance abuse treatment is one of the essential services defined by the Affordable Care Act. This means some support is available to you regardless of what kind of policy you buy or who your insurance provider is, but not all plans are equal. Companies like Aetna offer a nationwide network with policies available in all states. Consider what this company has in place for the residents of Iowa.

Aetna Metal Levels

Understanding metal levels is critical when shopping for health insurance. The metal level program gives you a snapshot view of each policy. If you are shopping at the bronze level, you know you can expect the insurance company to pay roughly 60 percent of your overall healthcare costs. That leaves you paying 40 percent. Bronze plans typically have high deductibles and low monthly premiums. That makes them the optimal choice for those individuals with access to a tax-free health savings account.

Silver plans introduce a lower annual deductible into the mix but require you to pay a higher monthly premium. This is a balanced level designed to accommodate people who need a more affordable monthly payment and deductible. A silver plan will pay around 70 percent of the policyholder’s total health care costs.

The higher metal levels like gold and platinum are for the person who wants more comprehensive coverage and a low deductible. Gold plans cover as much as 80 percent of your healthcare costs. When choosing a metal level, consider your monthly budget, how often you go to the doctor and any chronic health concerns.

Aetna Bronze Plans

Although Aetna has programs in most states, the exact benefits vary based on location. The folks living in this area of the country have access to a variety of plans including The Aetna Whole Health system. With the Aetna Whole Health program, you stay in-network for all healthcare services. This HMO plan pays the full cost of substance abuse treatment and managed detox after you meet the deductible, but will pay nothing if you go out-of-network.

Compare that to another Aetna bronze level plan, the Aetna Bronze $15 Copay Savings Plus. With this program, you have the option to go out-of-network if you choose, but will make to make a larger financial contribution. If you select a drug treatment program outside the Aetna network, you can expect to make a 50 percent coinsurance payment after you meet the deductible. Out-of-network deductibles are higher, as well. For this plan, the out-of-network deductible is $13,700 for an individual and $27,400 for families. The in-network annual deductible is only $6,850 for an individual policy and $13,700 for families.

Aetna Silver and Gold Plans

At the silver and gold levels, the payment structure changes to allow you to make copayments for outpatient care. With the POS Aetna Silver Plan with Copay, the deductible is set at $3,500 per person or $7,000 for a family policy. You have the option to go out-of-network and pay the higher deductible and a 50 percent coinsurance payment here, too. If you do stay in-network, though, there is a $75 copay per visit and do not need to meet the deductible. For residential or inpatient care, the copayment is $500 per admission and then 30 percent of the bill after the deductible is met.

The Silver HMO plan does require you to stay in-network for all healthcare treatments, including managed detox and drug treatment. With this policy, you make a $30 copay for outpatient treatment and a $500 payment towards residential care. The inpatient treatment requires you to make an additional 30 percent coinsurance payment after you meet the deductible of $3,500.

The Aetna gold plans for this region follow a similar pattern. The deductibles average around $1,400 for individual policies. You pay a $40 copayment for outpatient treatment and a 20 percent coinsurance fee for inpatient care.

If you want to live a life of sobriety and need some help getting there, Aetna insurance has your back. The flexible options can be a financial lifesaver for you if you shop wisely. With help from DrugRehab.org, you’ll be on your way to recovery in no time. Contact us today to get started.

Start Your Recovery

Talk With Our Treatment Specialists Today:

Are you or a loved one suffering from addiction?

The Journey Toward A Recovered Life Starts With One Phone Call. Start The Journey Now!

Start Your Recovery

Don't wait, get the best treatment options today!