• imageCo-occurring mental health
  • imageDetox
  • imageHospital inpatient
  • imageInterim care
  • imageOutpatient
  • imageResidential
  • imageTelemedicine
  • imageTransitional housing

Aetna Drug Rehab Coverage in Colorado

For many individuals that are challenged by substance abuse across the country, let alone in the state of Colorado, a health insurance plan can be the difference between seeking rehabilitative treatment or not seeking any treatment at all. That’s right, even if someone recognizes that there’s a problem, the financial burden that’s often associated with rehabilitative treatment can be too much for an individual to come up with. Again, that’s where the value of a good health insurance plan, such as those offered by Aetna, can come in handy.

When it comes to rehabilitative treatment, there are two main routes that an individual can take – inpatient treatment or outpatient treatment. When it comes to outpatient treatment, it’s generally much less intensive, as, aside from a few meetings and counseling sessions per week, an individual is permitted to live their lives as normal and go about their daily routines as they’ve always had. Inpatient treatment, on the other hand, is much more intensive, consisting of 24/7 around-the-clock monitoring and all-day treatment that lasts anywhere from 30 days up to 120 days. Unlike outpatient treatment, however, inpatient treatment is understandably more expensive – and that’s where having a healthcare plan from Aetna to cover some of – if not all of – the costs can help an individual get the care that they need and get back on the path to a healthy life.

In the state of Colorado, Aetna offers many healthcare plans that cover rehabilitative treatment.

Aetna Rehabilitation Basics

All of Aetna’s healthcare plans cover rehabilitative treatment for substance abuse, at least in some manner. Notably, the healthcare company announced back in 2012 that it was actually including more prescription drugs that help individuals in their recovery into its realm of coverage, a clear indication that the provider takes such situations seriously. In terms of just how much coverage Aetna provides, that’s all largely dependent on the respective health plan that an individual has. Aetna also has an established pilot program that’s designed for individuals seeking inpatient rehabilitative treatment as a means of placing them in a good, quality facility and not just any facility.

Aetna Rehabilitation Plans in Colorado

As we noted in the previous section, all of Aetna’s healthcare offerings, whether such a plan be offered in Colorado or elsewhere, cover rehabilitative treatment in some way – but how much they cover depends on the particular plan. And in the “Rocky Mountain State,” there are many healthcare plans that people can choose from.

For instance, there’s the Managed Choice Open Access First Dollar Plan, which the company describes as its most expensive plan offered to Colorado residents. However, despite this large premium cost, members benefit from this plan by not having to pay any deductible. What’s more is that the maximum out-of-pocket costs that an individual may pay per year is $7,500. When it comes to rehabilitative treatment for substance abuse, the plan covers up to 30 percent of inpatient treatment costs.

Another popular plan offered to Colorado residents is the Managed Choice Open Access High Deductible 3000 Plan, which, fittingly, has a deductible of $3,000 per individual. However, under the terms and conditions of this plan, after an individual meets the deductible, they’re covered 100 percent by coinsurance for treatment.

Another plan offered to Colorado residents is the Preventative and Hospital Care 1250 Plan, which has a deductible of $1,250. After meeting the deductible, the plan is defined as an 80/20 plan, that is 80 percent of the cost of medical care or treatment is covered and the individual is responsible for the other 20 percent.

Contact Us Today

When it comes to seeking treatment for substance abuse, the right healthcare plan can help significantly limit the financial burden that could potentially be posed by such services. That’s why having the right healthcare plan, especially from a provider such as Aetna can play such a significant role. For more information on Aetna health coverage in Colorado, visit or contact us at DrugRehab.org today.

Start Your Recovery

Talk With Our Treatment Specialists Today:

Are you or a loved one suffering from addiction?

The Journey Toward A Recovered Life Starts With One Phone Call. Start The Journey Now!

Start Your Recovery

Don't wait, get the best treatment options today!